Please sign our Guest Book!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Grandpa's Blunder - Fishy Dog

When I was younger (before stinky Barley appeared in this household), grandpa used to come over and bring me out for walks in the late afternoon. One day during one of our walks, I went to roll in some dog's poop. Grandpa was of course grossed out with my whole head and ears stained with dog's poop (I was rather pleased though), and immediately dragged me home for a shower.

As grandpa can't read English and didn't have his old glasses with him, he couldn't figure out which shampoo was for dogs. And there wasn't anybody at home as the hoomans were all at work. He searched high and low and finally found a bottle that looked somewhat like a dog's shampoo.. or so he thought. So he proceeded to shower me with this 'dog shampoo'. He thought this 'shampoo' smelt kind of weird, doesn't lather at all, and too oily. Grandpa then thought it must be some kind of 'dog conditioner' or something and continued to rinse me without realizing that he had been showering me with....



Yes. He thought Lipiderm was a dog shampoo because the bottle looked like a shampoo bottle and with a picture of a dog in front, it can't be wrong! But he was wrong! Lipiderm is a fish oil supplement which I used to take when I was younger!

Grandpa then left the house, leaving a very greasy me in the house. When mum returned from work, she was appalled by an overwhelming stench of what smelt like rotten fish the moment she stepped into the house. Remember I had dog's poop on my head and ears? Yeah, so the smell was like poop and fish all rolled in one. She was then greeted by a very wet, greasy, stinky dog, who was at the same time trying to walk on all fours without slipping (the floor was greasy too!). She almost threw up when she kneel down to smell my head and ears.

Mum then called up grandpa and realized what had happened. Without further delay, she dragged me to the bathroom again to shower me. I was so oily that mum had to shower me THREE times before I am squeaky clean again. And next she confined me in the bathroom while she mopped the whole house FOUR times as the floor was too greasy. After all that clean up, mum nearly died from exhaustion. Ever since then, mum will paste a label with the chinese word 'dog' on our shampoo bottles.. just to be sure nothing similar happens again.

To tell you the truth, that rotten fish smell was really heavenly! It could possibly be better, or if not the next best thing to getting skunked (we don't have skunks over here so I'm not sure what it smells like)! Rolling in poop is nothing, but can you imagine having poop and oil treatment on your coat all at the same time?? It's truly an experience of a lifetime!! WOO!!


Ohhhh I found dog's poop!!


15 comments:

Bee Bee said...

Cocoa

Haha! Knew you love Barley secretly! Thats why you gave Barley the affectionate nick "Stinky" right? hehehehe!

Cheers
Bee Bee

Aki and Poopie said...

hmmm... are you sure Barley is the real "stinky" Cocoa? BOL *hugs cocoa*.. no offense buddy. we love you.. hehehe...

wow.. i could never imagine how your mum was able to survive that little scenario.. whew! she should get an award for being so brave.. hehe. GO mom!

drooly kisses,

Aki

pee-ees. does barlet know about this? you should keep this hush hush otherwise he'll call you S----- Sr. BOL... *hugs cocoa again*

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hahahaha! That's hilarious!!And did you get he pooey fishyness anywhere else? Like on the sofa....or the beds?! Wooo! Bet your Grandpa felt bad...and bet your poor mum felt worse after all that cleaning and shampooing!! Have you ever wondered why it's called shamPOO?
Slobbers xx

The Musketeers said...

wow ! Your mama must be extremely exhausted ! if is my mom , i think she will choose to die than do all those chores ! BOL ! :D

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Whoa Cocoa, you made me fell off the chair laughing!
Now I name the smell of poop and fish all rolled in one "The scent of Cocoa's bath accident".
Muahhhh!

Pipa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHBOLOBOLBOL

Ohhhh Cocoa, I'm laughing like a crazy dog 'cause of you... you're so funny... oh my... I can't even post............. BOLOBOLBOLBOL

U should have a TV program! U could beat Oprah!




Pipa

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! Your fur must have been really shiny, glossy , silky smooth & fishy smelling too after the wash! Hahaha!!!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Unknown said...

We think you should start a new line of Doggie beauty products called Fishy-poo and make lots and lots of money ... but only if the DOGS were shopping, not the stupid humans!

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Whoa...that is one great story, Cocoa! Makes me wish I could roll in poop and get bathed in oil too! (though I can't say the same thing for my Mom! She'll probably kill me if she reads this!) *grins*

Scottie

Huskee and Hershey said...

COCOA!! I can't stop laughing!! I bet you must be wondering why the floor is suddenly so slippery (mom says she synpathises with your poor mom)...

Anonymous said...

LOL!! i have nearly forgotten about this incident ... it has been a long long time ... hmmm, why did you want to mention it to let the whole world know??

XD

Almighty King King said...

hahahahahahhahahaha... i really dunno what to say Cocoa~ hahahahahahahahahaha... but i try my best to control my laughter if i get to see you. =x

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!
We can't stop laughing!!!!!
You're great!!!!you're so funny..
That is one wonderful story!!!
But...poor Mum....must be extremely exhausted !!!!!
And....are you sure Barley is the real "stinky" Cocoa????
Cocoa....it's not important for us your smell......for us you'll be number one!!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh, that must have been brilliant, Cocoa! You must have just smelled DIVINE. And the fact that you got so many baths afterward is the cruelest thing imaginable!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Mino said...

Awww Cocoa,

You are getting Barley excited about your stinky past!

^^

Wags
Mino